Thursday, July 22, 2010

One door closes and another one opens

OK, I can see how that blog post title could seem kind of ominous, but this post is not ominous at all!!! Just two things...I have finished one goal and I am going to try something new.

First: yesterday morning I reached my goal of running 100 miles this summer! I passed 100 miles yesterday morning with a simple three-miler. What an awesome feeling! I never thought I would be able to do something like that (see earlier post about being a wanna-be-runner). So now what? Of course, I am not just going to quit running. I think I am going to sign up for a 10K that will be here in Columbia in October. I am looking forward to running a race that distance. Another part of the RLAM book talks about running races and finding a good distance for yourself, etc...I have done some 5Ks and I enjoy those and I have finished two half-marathons (sounds nuts, huh?) and I think it is time that I try something between both of those distances. October 2 is when the race is and I think it will be a good one! Also, I got new running shoes! I have branched out and away from Asics and am trying out a pair of Nike Free Run+ in purple, lime green, and grey. So far so good and they are super cute!

Second: I have new challenge for myself. This morning at the gym I was catching up on the Manic Mommies podcast**. The topic that they were discussing was how many hours that are in one week (168 to be exact) and they interviewed the woman who wrote a book about this. One of the exercises that the author suggests is to keep a time log or diary. What I gathered is that according to her "research" there is plenty of time in a day/week to work and sleep and still have time to be with your children or whatever you want to do. After hearing all of this this morning, I decided that I am going to check this out. Starting on Sunday I am going to log my time and activities and at the end of the week, or 168 hours I will be able to see what I do with my time. I think this will also help in my search for what I want to do with myself. Maybe not. But I think it will definitely show where my time is spent and what my priorities are.

One more thing...a sorority sister of mine has started a new blog that focuses on positive body image. I have thoroughly enjoyed the posts and I hope you will too. Check it out: Channeling Your Beauty.

**Sometime in the near future there will be a post dedicated to this podcast/website. Keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment