Monday, August 2, 2010

Time keeps on ticking...

In my post two weeks ago I challenged myself to keeping a time log for one week or 168 hours. So, I did it this past week. From 12:00am Sunday, July 25 to 11:59pm Saturday, July 30. This was an interesting project, to say the least; I had to really remind myself to keep track of my goings-on. I was curious as to what this log would show: did I sleep more than I really needed? how much time did I really waste in the evenings? So here is what I found out:

--I only sleep about 7 hours in a night (unless I fall asleep on the couch earlier). I had always guessed incorrectly at my normal sleeping habits, placing myself more in the 8-9 hours of sleep/night. That might happen on the weekend, but during the week I am in the 7 hour range. I can handle that!

--My time at work was pretty simple. I worked 8 hours a day, five days a week. A quick and dirty 40 hours, if you will. That is not the norm for me. So, it would be interesting (I think) to see how different this part of the log would be if I were to do this in say, October.

--My life is such a routine! Everyday during the work week, I woke up at pretty much the same time, had dinner at the same time, gave Ben and bath and put him to bed at the same time and pretty much always went to bed myself at the same time. I guess you could call me a creature of habit. I like it!

All in all, I was glad to have done this little exercise. There were a few little surprises, but nothing earth-shattering, that is for sure. I might take this little challenge again in a few months when work and life is in full swing.

On another note...since I reached my goal of 100 miles, I have been trying to figure out which direction I wanted to go in terms of my physical well-being. So, here is my new challenge:
1--run 50 miles in August
2--do my 30 Day Shred DVD at least 3 times/week
I am going to have to really stay motivated this month. August is one of my favorite, yet busiest times at work. Recruitment takes up most of my time so I will need to hold myself accountable. I think I can do it! Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment